The most direct way to join the ASTEP Leaders Network is to start an ASTEP Student Chapter in your hometown. As a Chapter Leader, you’d be agreeing to organize your peers to execute at least one Community Arts Project (CAP) during the current academic year and to tell us all about it when you do. Don’t be thrown off by the fancy acronym, a CAP is simply any project involving the arts that seeks to make a positive impact on your community. It can be anything from hosting a talkback after one of your school shows to organizing a series of afterschool arts classes at your local Boys & Girls Club.
In exchange as a member of the Leaders Network, you’ll receive:
- Access to a diverse community of over a hundred young leaders in the arts
- An invitation to join the exclusive ASTEP Leaders Network Facebook Group
- Quarterly video conferences organized by your peers with the support of the ASTEP Staff
- A comprehensive ALN Resource Guide, full of helpful advice from ASTEP, as well as games, activities & tips
- Up to eight (8) hours of real-time support from the ASTEP Staff, over the phone, on Skype or in-person
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Alejandro Rodriguez, Director of ASTEP Leaders Network at email@example.com